Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Fun-k

Monday morning I woke up, hopped in the shower, dreading the day ahead of me. While in the shower, I plan what I am going to wear to work. I feel as if I have a whole new wardrobe to choose from as I spent all Sunday evening ironing. I decide on my staple (and always a fave) grey pants, white shirt and green sweater. I have to admit, the reason why these pants are a fave are NOT because of their stunning looks, but because they are a true size 2 and still fit me great. Not too tight, not too big, not too long, just right. Even more, I'm feeling quite confident that my ass is going to look damn good in these pants because I have now been to my Physique 57 class 6 days in a row. So I pull the pants off the hanger, put my right leg in, then the left, do a little shimmie to get them up over my thighs and butt and.....screeeeeeching halt....when I go to button them, they are snug!! What the F? Haven't I been working my ass off for the past week? I mean literally working my ass off? I do the ol' inhale and button maneuver and pray the button doesn't pop because I am going to wear these size 2s if it kills me! I convince myself that it must be muscle weight since I have been working out so much and it has nothing to do with the shit that I ate over the weekend.

So, the weekend......Friday night we decided to go out for dinner. We went to our new favorite restaurant in Bronxville, Sammy's Downtown. It's filled with snobby old money folk and plenty of snobby new money too. I guess the question really is what were my husband and I doing there? Well, I'll tell ya, good atmosphere, good drinks and delicious food! And I little bit of, "we like to act like we are from Bronxville". I ordered a delicious roasted beets salad for an appetizer and mushroom risotto for my entree. I have never ordered anything but the risotto and again I wasn't disappointed. However, my favorite part of the evening was the red bordeaux. I certainly would not call myself a sommelier, but I do enjoy a good glass of wine and this my friends, was a great glass of wine. Of course after I gulped my first glass down, I ordered another. My husband and I were enjoying ourselves so much we decided to continue the evening at the bar where we ordered ourselves another glass of delicious Bordeaux and met the most delightful bartender, Dana. Actually, delightful isn't the best word to describe Dana. She very well might be the brashest young lady I have ever met. But in a stuffy uptight restaurant such as Sammy's Downtown, she was a breath of fresh air. In the time it took my husband and I to drink our glass of wine (which wasn't very long), we found out that Dana was born and raised in Mount Vernon (although she sounded like she grew up in hard-core Brooklyn), went to a private highschool, worked 3 jobs, loves smoking pot and was hoping to get laid that night by her ex-boyfriend whose nickname was the "mankiller". After our glass of wine at the bar (which would make for a total of 3 so far) and a little too much info on Dana we decided to leave.

We walk past "the" Bronxville bar where we normally go for a great time. As we peered thru the all glass front windows we notice the bar is jamming. We couldn't possibly pass up on perfect opportunity for Bronxville gossip, could we? No way! We stumble inside and immediately find ourselves a seat at the bar. The bar area is quite small, but no one sits at this bar, they mingle which allows for my husband and I to sit and observe. In this case, observe is more of a polite way to describe people watching. A little background on this bar: my husband and I have been going to this bar for quite some time and each time we went we noticed the same people there. I repeatedly said, "each person had a story" at this bar. Sure enough, a few months back an old man named Jack (a regular at the bar) gave us the low-down on each person there. And just as expected, they all had a story, from the owner who had his heart broken by his fiancee (and also had a brain tumor removed), and his ex-future father-in-law who still comes to the bar and is upset the owner won't speak to him; to the bartender who just donated a kidney to his father; to the local real estate agent who has slept with every guy in the bar; to the "happily" married couple that are each sleeping with other people who are also in the bar; to the couple who are dating but the guy still has yet to finalize his divorce from his wife and is suspected he's sleeping with another woman at the bar. It's classic and the exact mindless entertainment I am looking for on a Friday night. However this Friday night was even better than the last time we were there. All of the craziness was at its peak as the bar was hosting a fundraiser, 25% of the bar proceeds were going to a charity. So, my husband and I sat at the bar ordered ourselves a glass of wine and then another glass and watched the chaos around us. My husband and I don't say a word to each other, he is perfectly content watching the basketball game on TV, I am in the highlight of my glory creating even more stories for each person there.

That's a total of 5 glasses of wine if you were counting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment