Friday, March 13, 2009

Bill Clinton and Tacos

Ok, get your minds out of the gutter! If the title was Bill Clinton and Cigars, then I wouldn't blame you, but tacos? Come on, nothing dirty here! I assure you the title is purely innocent.

I realize while starting this new post that I skipped a day. I remember now it was a bad day of food and a few crazy customers, but nothing to, as the saying goes, write home about. So on to yesterday's events. As for my "diet", I stuck with eating small meals/snacks every 3 hours and I have noticed my hunger pangs inbetween those 3 hours slowly dissipating. Phew! There is nothing more embarrassing than talking to a customer and your stomach is growling so loud it sounds as if an 18 wheeler is driving right by you! (18 wheelers, do New Yorkers know what those are? If not, let me know and I'll tell you.)

Speaking of clients I need to touch on something. I have only been in the corporate world for approximately 3 years and as of late I have been experiencing the true definition of "dog eat dog". I won't bore you with all of my corporate world stories, but will someone please tell me why or how complete idiots are able to climb the corporate ladder at such a rapid pace and us smart ones, are still hanging on to the bottom rung. I think I can answer my own question, to move up in the world, you've gotta throw others under the bus! I recently found out a good friend of mine was fired, not from the company where I work, from another company that works in conjunction with me. I was devastated by the news. What's even worse, is yesterday his counterpart came into the showroom bragging to me that he was the one who got my friend fired, for no reason, but the fact that he couldn't have my friend standing in his way of future promotions! What??? I was in complete shock and even more amazed that this guy had no qualms about telling me he's the one who got him fired! Did it not occur to him that I was friends with the guy? No, this guy is a clueless idiot who will never make anything of himself unless he gets rid of anyone that is better than him. Which in my opinion, is EVERYONE! I hate idiotic people.

Sorry, enough of my soap box. You are probably wondering what any of this has to do with Bill Clinton, right? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I'll get to that part now. So I'm leaving my exercise class (yes that's 3 days in a row), walking down 54th street in between Madison and Park Avenues. The light is green at Madison, but the guy in the car at the light is not going anywhere. Of course in classic NYC style the horns are blasting. I look up to see why the guy isn't moving and realize there is a traffic jam ahead. I notice there are 2 Escalades parked in the middle of 54th street, both with red and blue flashing lights. Hmmm, I wonder what is going on? I proceed past Madison and notice 8 huge body guards, 2 at each corner of the front Escalade, all with the security earpieces on. Could it possibly be President Obama? There is a small crowd gathering, but nothing like a crowd when you see Angelina. I'm in a rush to catch the train, but slow down as I approach the front Escalade. The back seat passenger door is opened and I glance inside. There is an old man (grey/white hair) sitting and reading some papers, leg dangling out the side where the door is open. Shucks, no one important. I start to walk a few more feet when I see the body guards shuffle. I pause to try and get one more glimpse and I realize is it none other than...wait for it (thank you Barney Stinson)...the former president, Bill Clinton! My first reaction is wow, he looks like shit. Then I hear this woman yell, "Looking good Bill!" I want to yell, "Eat a steak", but refrain. And just so I wasn't disappointed, Bill looks right at me, waves and then gives me a one of a kind Bill Clinton thumbs up. Perfect!

What does any of this have to do with tacos? Again, nothing. Tacos are what I made for dinner. A homemade taco dinner is my idea of comfort food and seeing Bill Clinton was a reason to make tacos......

No comments:

Post a Comment