Monday, April 19, 2010

love

it's impossible for me to put into words how much i love my husband. there really isn't a great way to say it. it's all emotions, feelings. it's going to bed next to him at night, waking up at 3:00 am and grabbing his hand to know he's still there, he gently squeezes my hand in return to let me know he's not going anywhere. it's being at a crowded party where i glance across the room and meet his eyes at the exact same time. wishing i was next to him, but knowing it's okay that i'm not. it's lying in a field of grass together on a sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. we don't need to say anything, we let the world revolve around us because in that moment, we are the only two people in the whole world. it's giving up a first class seat on a flight back home because they only had one seat and not two. it's being 5 months pregnant, feeling ugly, as i am walking out the door to go to work, my husband tells me i look "yummy". he instantly puts a smile on my face and makes monday morning not seem too bad.

this past weekend i met my husband in chicago. it was one of the best weekends ever. he was there on business, i was there on leisure. we didn't get to spend all that much time together, but the time we did spend, was quality. i would drag my lazy pregnant ass out of bed each morning to join him for breakfast. we would romantically meet each other in the lobby at the end of the day for a drink at the bar and then go to dinner or a party. i did my best on saturday to get "dolled" up for him. it's hard looking sexy in a maternity dress, but when he saw me all dressed up, his face lit up and he told me repeatedly i looked hot. this is the highest compliment you can receive from my husband, being told you look "hot".

we had a great time that evening at a party. he has so many new opportunities coming his way and i couldn't be any more proud of him. he'll succeed at any endeavor he takes on. after the party, we met up with a few of his co-workers. he introduced me to everyone and i was so happy to be introduced as wife. i was elated to be on his arm and have him call me his wife and i call him my husband.

sunday afternoon was a day of leisure. we strolled through millenium park in chicago which is absolutely beautiful. we held hands, we wrapped our arms around each other's waists, we stopped and kissed. we laid in a grassy field, my head on his stomach, and we both fell asleep for only a few minutes. it was what i like to call, "pure bliss".

i'm back to the grind today and i miss him. i can't wait to get home tonight and give him a huge hug and kiss. i can't wait to tell him how much i love him. i know i'm not the perfect wife, but i try my best. i hope he knows how much i love him and if he doesn't, i'll just keep trying until he does know.

1 comment: