Friday, September 18, 2009

Our 1 Year Anniversary



And they said we wouldn't make it! Ha! My husband told me a lot of people bet against whether or not we would make it through our first year of marriage owed him money. We did it! September 13, 2009 we celebrated our one year anniversary. The whole anniversary weekend was quite delightful. We started the weekend off with pizza at our favorite pizza joint, Saturday we had dinner in the city with some co-workers and saw a Beatles cover band, and Sunday we spent the day on our boat with our 2 best friends checking the NFL scores on our phones. It was perfect, quite delightful.



Tomorrow we are heading to The Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing, NY where we were married. Our wedding coordinator was gracious enough to upgrade our cheap asses up to a suite instead of a regular room. We are both so excited to go. The week after we were married, the hotel was taken over by new ownership. Unfortunately a few people we knew were laid off, however the new company had the money to make much needed upgrades. My husband and I can't wait to see what was done to the place! One of my favorite things to do at The Sagamore is sit on the Veranda (shown right), have a cocktail, and watch the world go by. By the world I mean people, weddings, boats on the water, etc. It's so peaceful and so relaxing.


Our wedding weekend was the best weekend of my life, but so much more, it was when I started my new life with my husband.


A year ago my life changed for the better. A year ago I married the man of my dreams. A year ago falling asleep became much easier lying next to my husband and waking up became much more pleasant seeing him next to me. A year ago I gained a 2nd family, I became an in-law. A year ago my best friend became my husband. A year ago I suddenly felt safe. A year ago I realized I was happy.


Thank you, hubby, for the last year. I can't wait for the next years to come. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment